Help me word this sentence please?

In my essay I m trying to talk about how a younger demographic poses small problems that eventually build up and contributes to overpopulation. I can t seem to find the word for "small problems that accumulate over time." I tried macroscopic but that seems redundant to say. Microscopic doesn t work... show more In my essay I m trying to talk about how a younger demographic poses small problems that eventually build up and contributes to overpopulation.

I can t seem to find the word for "small problems that accumulate over time." I tried macroscopic but that seems redundant to say. Microscopic doesn t work because the problems can be seen. The word that I have in mind is something along the lines of "you can feel the change, but you don t realize the problems that it causes on a larger scale"

Could I get some help? This is for my senior project and I don t want any part of my essay to seem lacking. The word is at the tip of my tongue, but it s not coming to mind.

Thank you :)