I had a colonoscopy they removed 1, 5-9mm semi-pedunculated, 1, 30mm pedunculated 2, 3-5mm sessile polyps. What are the chances of cancer?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

99%.

• 8 months ago

I got my test just before Christmas. They even let me watch and sent me home with an array of photos. Not kidding. Just gotta wait for the results from the lab.

• 8 months ago

They have to test the cells in the polyps and see if they're cancerous. No one on YA can tell you.

Although, once someone is diagnosed with a particular cancer at a particular stage, there is statistical

data on chances for survival. Hopefully, that will be irrelavant for you.

• 8 months ago

I don't know, but i hope you will find out that it's benign from your doctor. I had polyps back in 1999. I need to schedule another colonoscopy. It is better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck to you!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

why did you do the colonoscopy examination?

• Hindusufi
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Obviously to prevent cancer or catch it early when it can be cured.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Did it ever occur to you to ask your doctor?

• Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

I agree with Robsteriark.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Are you honestly so stupid that you think anyone here can diagnose if you do or don't have cancer. Grow up and wait for the doctor to tell you. It will only be a few days at most.

• LAN
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Not bitter, just tired of idiots that think this is diagnostic tool or who stupidly think that other people's experiences are relavent to theirs.

• 8 months ago

The biopsies are at the lab, results due back next week. My doctor told me what i expect, but I was looking for input from anyone who may have had similar experiences,or knew of some viable statistics on frequency of the occurrence of detrimental results.

• LAN
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And exactly how would anyone else's experience effect yours?

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The next step would be to send them to a lab for biopsy. Then and only then will we know one way or another, Hopefully they will be benign.

• The biopsies are at the lab, results due back next week. My doctor told me what i expect, but I was looking for input from anyone who may have had similar experiences,or knew of some viable statistics on frequency of occurrence of detrimental results.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Discuss this with your doctor.

Surely you asked him or her? This is NOT the place to get medical information.

Normally, though, removing polyps reduces the chances of cancer. It's one of the points of a colonoscopy, to catch polyps before they turn into cancer.

• LAN
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Why do you think that anyone else's experience will predict what happens to you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.