Why do people say I'm the rude one?

I had a pre-scheduled 10 am - 2 pm appointment for a crown procedure, but the dentistry ended up adding 3 people to my time slot and so my dentist went away a lot of times even though my crown was sitting on the table waiting to be put in. From 10 to 11:30, the dentist did some procedure on me....but then I had to... show more I had a pre-scheduled 10 am - 2 pm appointment for a crown procedure, but the dentistry ended up adding 3 people to my time slot and so my dentist went away a lot of times even though my crown was sitting on the table waiting to be put in. From 10 to 11:30, the dentist did some procedure on me....but then I had to wait 1 hour and 30 mins (dentist only came back to me for like 15 mins twice) before I had enough of waiting. I was loud to the assistant that I can't any longer. The assistant was like, "Didn't you say you can start at 2pm again?" I said no and found out reception or someone made that change without my consent. The assistant was like, "How can we do your procedure then?" as if it's my fault. I was mad and yelled, "Aren't I a customer as well?" That somehow worked and the assistant automatically offered a $100 discount. She also said I should have let them know in advance that I have a tight schedule....lol as if people want to stay at the dentistry all day. After they started my procedure again, it was done in 30 minutes...so not sure why they kept me waiting. I know it's all about profit, but why not just reschedule? Was I right to be rude/loud? Was I played? I've been accommodating in the past to wait times...but today's wait was ridiculous.
2 answers 2