DMV yearly sticker renewal.?

Do I get charged any fees if I pay for my license plate sticker later than the date they have issued me?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Lots of times, it's how MUCH late you are. In my state, if you're only a couple of weeks late renewing, they don't usually charge a late fee - they just renew it. Of course, if a cop sees you driving around with an expired registration sticker during that couple of weeks, you might get a ticket.

• 8 months ago

In some states there is a late fee - but in some they just charge you for the renewal.

The next renewal will still be 12 months from the time it expired - not from when you renewed it.

• May
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

No. You simply pay from the day the "sticker" expired forward one year

• Never
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Late fee.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Yes, there is a late fee.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Most likely you will pay a late fee. Can't say how much in your mystery location.

• martin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You would pay extra on top of the original fee to renew your registration and get your new plate sticker, because you're paying late. Plus you could get a ticket for having an expired sticker if you have the car parked outside.

• 8 months ago

Find the web site for your state's DMV and the fees will be listed there.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes. It should say right on there. You can go to your state's DMV website and maybe they will be listed there. I would just find a way to pay it, because they're not $5-10, they're much higher (in CA).

Just so we're clear, if you can't pass the smog check, or something like that, but you pay the fees before the due date, and then you don't get the sticker until later, there won't be a fee.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Yes. They vary state to state.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.