Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentAlternative Fuel Vehicles · 8 months ago

How do electric cars work conversely to gas engine cars?

Update:

I'm not so familiar with the word conversely. If it didn't mean what I thought it meant then I was meaning to use it as "in contrast to".

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Gas combustion engines spew pollution into the air from their tailpipes. Electric vehicles don't but in most cases the electricity used to power them comes from coal burning power plants. So it's basically all the same. It's just that drivers of electric vehicles are able to engage in virtue signaling that they're somehow more "green" than the rest of us, which at this point isn't true. Until most power in the US comes from renewables it's relatively pointless to drive an electric car.

• Daro
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Battery powered Lectric cars.

Hence the requirement for charging stations where you have to wait 8 hours to "fill up".

Kindof a drawback, which big brother never mentions.

British show "Top Gear" tested electric car. Didnt get so high ratings.

• Daro
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Going across the country to visit granny? Gotta take the bus or train....both gov. run.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

In practice, pretty much the same way, except that electric cars have electric MOTORS powered by large batteries that turn drive shafts, and gasoline cars have internal combustion ENGINES powered by some sort of fossil fuel that turn drive shafts.

• 8 months ago

They use electricity to run vs gasoline. Generating power in a massive power plant is far more efficient than generating power in every single car. So electric cars are far better for the environment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.