Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesDodge · 7 months ago

Is a dodge charger a reliable car?

I want to buy a 2019 dodge charger v6 or maybe a v8 as my first car but reliability is very important to me since I plan on having this car for at least 4 years. So is it a reliable car?

Best Answer

I own a 2006 Charger RT, Hemi. Love it. It's been a great car. I have laid down 200 feet of posi marks. 350 hp...fun car. It is heavy up front. When pushed in the turns on twisty roads it tends to understeer. Kinda scary. I paid 44k for it so I don't push too hard.

I rented a Charger one time for business. It had a H.O. V6. I beat the hell out of that car. It wouldn't do a burnout for 200 feet but when pushed in the turns it had a great balance. It would slide all 4 wheels if pushed to hard. It was fun in the turns.

I have serviced the newer Chargers as police cars...I can say they are better than the Impalas....by far.

New ? Probably. Used ? NO

• zipper

GO FOR IT! Dodge has always been a good vehicle.

New car - As long as you service it, you should be good for the warranty period at least.

During the first 4 or 5 years you shouldn't have to do anything but oil changes. Your resale won't be very good.

If you want reliable then stay away from anything made by Fiat/Chrysler. None of their vehicles are reliable except maybe the Dodge Ram pickup.

First cars, brand new or used rarely last 4 years. Too many trees along the way.

Not great reliability but if you only keep it for 4 years it has a 5 year warranty, so you won't have to worry about it. Your biggest worries should be the cost of insurance (super high) and the chance of crashing it (very high for a young new driver). You need to do a little more homework before you buy a first car. A brand new Dodge Charger is not your typical first car.

shouldn't you be in school?

Nobody buys a brand new Charger as a first car.

I have had my Kia Sportage for 12 years and only had to get it worked on once ( other than wear and tear things such as breaks). Dodge Challengers are for doshbags