I removed a bolt--then there was a Piece of an old bolt that had "followed" it out and Blocked the hole-!? Anyone Ever see this ?

It is of course a hard to rear hole in a cast iron engine block, Just to get a drill in it to make a hole and then get it out with a screwdriver will be a Pain without removing radiator, AC condenser; mayber motor.. Not in my 40 odd years of working on vehicles and things have I ever seen this. If a bolt breaks... show more It is of course a hard to rear hole in a cast iron engine block, Just to get a drill in it to make a hole and then get it out with a screwdriver will be a Pain without removing radiator, AC condenser; mayber motor..

Not in my 40 odd years of working on vehicles and things have I ever seen this. If a bolt breaks off, the bit stays in the Top of hole and if it "migrates" to bottom, you Feel it when you try to put the stock bolt in. It bottoms out before it can tighten on the mount.
Update: Make that Hard to Reach. The old bolt has holding fine, it seemed, the threads were OK. I only removed it because two of the four fell out; one was loose and backing out. Even it had stripped the threads in the block.
Update 2: I checked 3 times that Maybe I was looking at the wrong hole in the first place. No. I held A/C compressor mount back up, it's That hole, all right. This would solve a "mystery" .