Is it possible to do calculus if you’re bad at math?

I’m currently a college student at a community college and I’m majoring in Animal Science in hopes to be a veterinarian some day. The school I dream of going to is UC Davis, I believe it’s absolutely perfect for me, however my counselor says I would have to take calculus and I absolutely suck at math and have... show more I’m currently a college student at a community college and I’m majoring in Animal Science in hopes to be a veterinarian some day. The school I dream of going to is UC Davis, I believe it’s absolutely perfect for me, however my counselor says I would have to take calculus and I absolutely suck at math and have always struggled with it. I haven’t taken a math class yet, I was in basic algebra at first but I didn’t like the way the professor taught it as she was too fast so I dropped it. My counselor also told me Chico State would be a easy school to get into and I would just have to take statistics..but it’s the school I would dread to go to, since it’s too close to my hometown and I really wanted to get away from it. My mind is in shambles and I don’t know what to do, I wish I could magically be amazing at math. What should I do?
14 answers 14