I took first semester courses in Java and C++, got A's in both - which should I go higher in?

So I am not a CS major I am a chemistry major but wanting to just take some CS classes. I took C++ and Java and did very well in both. There are advanced classes in each and I have heard that you really only need to branch off in one of them because although the language is different the concepts/logic/algorithms... show more So I am not a CS major I am a chemistry major but wanting to just take some CS classes. I took C++ and Java and did very well in both. There are advanced classes in each and I have heard that you really only need to branch off in one of them because although the language is different the concepts/logic/algorithms are the same

so which is better to know? I've heard C++ is 'harder' but can be used for more things, but Java is more popular
Update: actually, the technical name of the java class is "introduction to programming" which is the first 7 chapters of "Starting out with Java" by Tony Gaddis. The other class is called Introduction to C++ and is the first 7 chapters of Starting out with C++ by Tony Gaddis. The next advanced class is... show more actually, the technical name of the java class is "introduction to programming" which is the first 7 chapters of "Starting out with Java" by Tony Gaddis. The other class is called Introduction to C++ and is the first 7 chapters of Starting out with C++ by Tony Gaddis. The next advanced class is the next 6 or so chapters