Atheists, if there were really mutants like in the X-men?

Wouldn't people worship like they were gods instead of being prejudice against them like in the comics. The comics don't make sense in that way because most people if they witness powerful being like Jean Gray or Wolverine would get on their knees and start praying to them.

Update:

Maybe Jesus was actually a mutant with the X factor

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not an atheist, but I do like the X-Men. The X-Men are based on segregation and prejudices that happen when anyone is different such as with the Jews in Europe or black people in the United States.

They first appeared in the mid 60s when racial tension was high. The theme of prejudice is meant to reflect how society always reacts to someone different.

Another thing to consider is that the X-Men all have useful powers for fighting, but the vast majority of mutants in the series have some useless power like the ability to make their eyes glow or hands on their feet. The X-Men are fighting to protect these guys who are just going to be executed out of fear of mutants.

• 8 months ago

Really? Seriously? You're asking atheists a what-if question, and your what-if question involves comic book characters, and you think you're entitled to only serious answers?

Seriously?

Source(s): I'm not even an atheist, and I know trolling when I see it.
    • Illuminati8 months agoReport

Look at where you are posting before you start complaining about posting about fictional characters

• 8 months ago

there are not so this is a mute question troll

• Illuminati8 months agoReport

Tony Stark dies in the end after he uses the Infinity Stones to kill Thanos

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Some people love to bend the knee or follow powerful people Tweeter, other people won't... If you think some business or governments will not be interested in taking control of Jean Grey or Wolverine for profit or to control them ... and yes some people will take the racial or religious angle to go against them... if you believe that won't happen you are not living in the same planet... fictionally speaking of course

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes, they would be open-minded.

The litmus test would be if they blow up buildings and start wars.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If I recall correctly, Storm *was* worshiped as a god in her home village.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

some humans are mental, they cant go through life without having to worshipping something. The have a fetish for worshipping

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Apocalypse is actually God. Watch the movie

• Grace
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

That is silly

• 8 months ago

Gods have to be sanctioned by religious authorities (i.e. humans) before they are on the approved list. Otherwise they are all evil by definition (i.e. not on the list, back of the line). And yeah, of course it's arbitrary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.