My friend who is Black, said I (a Black man) can’t relate to being racially profiled, because I’m half White and look Latino. Is he right?

My friend was pulled over for no reason. The cops were White, and they patted him down. I said, “It’s so sad what we go through.” He scoffed and said I don’t know what it’s like, due to my skin tone. As if to say I always get off easy because I look Latino, on top of the fact that my mother is White. So... show more My friend was pulled over for no reason. The cops were White, and they patted him down. I said, “It’s so sad what we go through.” He scoffed and said I don’t know what it’s like, due to my skin tone. As if to say I always get off easy because I look Latino, on top of the fact that my mother is White. So apparently, I don’t count as Black, and therefore can’t be racially profiled. Does that make sense?