Teenage Daughter Threw Massive Tantrum In The Grocery Store?

What do you do when your daughter has a tantrum at the grocery store? just wondering if i could've done anything different. my daughter is 15 years old, and I also had my 13 year old with me. She wanted some candy off the shelf and I told her no. She proceeded to start throwing a horrible fit. I decided to... show more What do you do when your daughter has a tantrum at the grocery store? just wondering if i could've done anything different. my daughter is 15 years old, and I also had my 13 year old with me. She wanted some candy off the shelf and I told her no. She proceeded to start throwing a horrible fit. I decided to leave the store. I was holding my son's hand in one arm, and my daughter is really too heavy to drag out as well, especially when she's kicking and screaming. So I grabbed her hand and had to drag her along. It was horrible, she kept throwing herself to the floor and screaming bloody murder. I would scold her, and drag her feet, but she would do it again. It took me a while to finally get her out of the store and into the car. Everyone was staring at me and giving me dirty looks, like why can't you control your teen better looks. I was embarrassed. But what more could i have done at that point. I was trying to leave but she was throwing a massive fit and was making it difficult on me. Some old guy stopped me and started trying to talk to me, and saying he felt really bad she was crying and wanted to buy her a piece of candy, and i said no. he kept insisting. That just made it worse. Times like this make me never want to try brining my kids to the store again. Anyone else have a teen have a massive tantrum in public, and how did you handle it.