What electronics parts in an old LG flat-screen TV would most likely short out due to water damage?

This is probably a foolish undertaking that I have decided to pursue, but I have acquired an old LG flat-screen TV from a man that lives near my house. He said it stopped working because water from his roof leaked down unto the TV. I decided to take the TV so that I could learn more about electronics and possibly... show more This is probably a foolish undertaking that I have decided to pursue, but I have acquired an old LG flat-screen TV from a man that lives near my house. He said it stopped working because water from his roof leaked down unto the TV. I decided to take the TV so that I could learn more about electronics and possibly fix it. I know a bit about electronics, but I'm no pro electronics technician. I would like someone who knows quite a bit more about electronics and electrical circuits to give their best guess as to what part of the TV's circuitry would fail if water were introduced into it (i.e. capacitors, resistors, interconnected cords, etc.). Any advice would help really, since I'm just using the opportunity to learn more about electronic circuitry. (And honestly, is this project worth it or not?)