Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 8 months ago

Thanos wants to halve the human population to increase living standards and to restore the environment. How could anybody object to this?

If you could halve the human population by putting on a glove and clicking your fingers. Would you?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's the thing. Thanos in the MCU may have been the Villan of the Avengers but he was not necessarily a Villain in the universe.

People I have talked to have said "why not just double the resources?" I've never read an avenger comic so just going by my knowledge of the MCU and what I've read at various online sources I dont believe that is how the infinity stones work.

In the comics Thanos very much was a villain as he just wanted to exterminate half of all life to impress death (who was his love interest). In the MCU however he is out to make sure that what happened to his home doesn't happen to every planet in the universe. He seems to want life to prosper from what I get directorialy.

Now if we apply the physics of our own universe to the MCU we know that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can change states and that's it.

To be continued.

• Centrelink8 months agoReport

Thanos believes that the remaining half of humanity would thrive. As long as the half that once existed was quickly forgotten. Which of course it would be. Such is human nature.

• 8 months ago

Depends on which "half" you fall into doesn't it?

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Well, not all parts of humanity are equally responsible for the destruction of our environment. Killing off the richest 5 % would be more effective than just randomly killing half of the world population.

Increasing the standard of living as in increasing the amount of cars, airplanes and consumption of tobacco, animalproducts and resources would be counterproductive

• 8 months ago

You'd probably need to reduce the human population by 95% rather than 50% to do that!

So yeah, waste of time - I object to the Thanos plan!

Source(s): Scientist
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No. There is plenty of resources and space out in space. I'd snap my fingers and make it to where faster than light travel technology existed so that we can easily colonize other planets.

• 8 months ago

What is Thanos? Is it related to Theranos?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.