Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 10 months ago

What to do with a older car that is high mileage but is in very good condition?

I have a 2003 buick lesabre ice blue color, I have babied this car for years, nothing wrong with it mechanically at all, paint and interior is perfect with nice pretty rims. I am getting 2 new cars and just will not have space for it in the garage, sell it or somehow have it as a back up car?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Evil C
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As cars get older, the parts markets becomes less and less supportive for them depending on the level of demand for parts for them. Eventually, parts will become impossible to obtain for such an old car and you would need to resort to other measures such as modification of systems to use available parts, conversion kits, reconditioning of old parts if possible, and even have parts custom made by places who have equipment such as CNC machines and such. At this time your old Buick still has lots of support from the parts market due to it being a commonly produced car that has a reputation for good reliability and there are even enthusiasts out there who really like the cars. If it were me, I say keep the car at least for a while longer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Sell it so you can save the extra insurance and storage. Sitting in the sun, the paint will not fare well.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

You already know what to do so why get us involved?

• 10 months ago

Put it on craigslist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Sell it. Use the link below to get an idea of the asking price. There are always people looking for an inexpensive vehicle.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It is older, high mileage and a boat anchor. Ask around if there are any kids in the family looking for cars. Kids buy cars that cost $10 to drive around the block.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Sell. You don't need a backup car. Just extra insurance and upkeep. If you need something in an emergency, rent.

Source(s): common sense. get some.
  • 10 months ago

if you don't need it sell it.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

sell it yourself ..............

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

My cousin is always told how beautiful she is, how precious she is to the family, how they love her, how amazing she is, even told how Beautiful she is by friends and friends of her family. Me? I’m rarely called beautiful and never been called it by family members (mum, dad, brother, sister) they never compliment me, they never say I mean a lot to them, my mum is the only one who told me she loves me, not even my own dad says it to me but he says it to my mum, neither of my siblings are nice to me, they’re nasty to me. I know I’m not beautiful, I’m average/ugly, I know I’m not precious to anyone, I know no one wants me around, but this kills me. I wish I was dead, I wish I was never even born, I pray for death but I’m ignored.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.