How Do I Deal With Seeing My Old Toxic Roomate Out In Public?

in my last year of community college I was living with a girl that constantly feels that she needs to compete with me. when I first met her she was in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship with her now ex, her parents could care less about her or her feelings, and she would always find SOMETHING wrong... show more in my last year of community college I was living with a girl that constantly feels that she needs to compete with me. when I first met her she was in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship with her now ex, her parents could care less about her or her feelings, and she would always find SOMETHING wrong about my friends. On the other hand, our friend is the complete opposite from her. She’s sweet, nice, but more importantly responsible. Not to mention selfless. My old roommate catered to our friend and her best friends from home. Yes both of them apart are fine. However when they both get drunk together it’s chaotic. They blackout and just say the most innapropriate things to others and themselves. My old roommate would always try to get her friends to not like me when it turns out they do and that bothered her. She also thought that one of my best friends hooked up with a guy she liked at the time. It pissed me off because my best friends now married. My two best friends can’t stand them, but the one that they should like is our friend. I wish our friend would realize that my roomates bringing her down and she isn’t a good friend, but she thinks she can change her. Luckily I never have to deal with my old roommate again in terms of living with her, but moving forward how do I avoid getting angry if I run into her?