promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

What would you do if your parents gave all the inheritance to your autistic brother?

My parents are giving all their inheritance and their house to my autistic brother

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Are they alive? I suppose they expect you to help him too. Point at them and laugh.

Tell them calling them by their first names "John Jane I've changed my last name. If you need help, call your favorite son. You are both dead to me.". Cut them out of your life.

Actually they sound like the type to let a lawyer tell you.

It's not your brother's fault, but I wouldn't lift a finger to help him unless he paid me...a lot.

After he used us like slave labor, forced us to build his hillbilly c*nt a house, mentally abused us, lied constantly about our inheritence the male that claimed to be our father let his new wife, talked him into changing his will, cutting my brothers and I out completely. 18 years of abuse and beatings

Unfortunately he had a quick death and the worthless c*nt remarried a few months later. I hope he's roasting in hell.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Nothing. When my dad dies he has the right to leave whatever money, property etc.. he has to whomever he wants. I respect that and don't expect anything from him.

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If he is getting or will be getting state/federal aid, they will take all of his inheritance. Tell them to see a lawyer.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Makes sense to me.

The autistic brother does not have your skills, advantages, and will always find life harder. Perhaps not even be able to work or support himself .. ever.

You are normal, and it is your responsibility for take care of yourself once you are an adult.

And an inheritance is NOT an entitlement.

Don't let ego fears or material attachment make you unable to see this situation objectively.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • tammy
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I’d talk to them. But your autism brother needs it more than you. However it will be worth nothing if he doesn’t have someone watching over him.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

nothing you could do about it, its their choice, i would be nice to your brother and rnaybe he'll give you sorne of it later

• 1 year ago

I would work on a side deal with my brother Ray.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Honestly, I'd be hurt. If they're still alive I'd cut them out of my life.

• 1 year ago

that **** suuuucks man.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.