Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 7 months ago

Do I have strep throat?

When I woke up this morning I had discomfort on my throat, whenever I swallow my throat feels scratchy and I feel like I have to constantly clear my throat and cough.

I had a cold a few weeks ago and got over it.

I tried to see if I had any white stuff on my tonsils and I don’t see any. I don’t have a fever or headaches.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

You can only find out if you have strep by having the doctor take a culture. We aren't mind readers

• 7 months ago

I don’t have allergies

• 7 months ago

It might be seasonal Allergies. Try some allergy medicine (could be pollen) if the discomfort and pain occurs and you might be getting some acid reflux it would be good to grab some Tums from your local pharmacy. which will help in reducing these signs.

• 7 months ago

This does not sound like strep throat at all. This could honestly be something as simple as common allergies. Even turning your heater off or flipping the AC on, being outside more often, anything like that can cause your throat to be scratchy and itchy. I'm going through it right now, actually.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Nope.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.