Was it trauma or am I weak? (Sorry, I'm a terrible writer; Trigger warning: suicide, bullying)?

In 4-5th grade, the staff constantly yelled at us and treated us like animals. They would purposely embarrass us in front of our classmates. The teachers assigned WAY too much work for 10-year-olds to finish. This led to many of us staying inside and risking health to complete our work. If we did not finish our... show more In 4-5th grade, the staff constantly yelled at us and treated us like animals. They would purposely embarrass us in front of our classmates.

The teachers assigned WAY too much work for 10-year-olds to finish. This led to many of us staying inside and risking health to complete our work. If we did not finish our work that night, we would be told we were not ready for college and would remain unemployed.

MANY students had to go to therapy after this and middle school wasn't any better. My older sister would come home crying every night because of the middle school. I heard stories about that school. I thought that my life would be miserable and I should just end it now to avoid all of the pain. I contemplated suicide a lot. Miserable excuses at attempts, none worked.