Is it normal to set dead animal remains on fire to minimize the risk of somebody catching a disease?

For example this one day my friend and I was walking to the library in Cleveland Ohio and I seen a dead decapitated bird head laying on the sidewalk and was like " What the ****?? Is that real or fake?? " so I took a closer look and realized that it was real and was gonna come back with rubber gloves wrap... show more For example this one day my friend and I was walking to the library in Cleveland Ohio and I seen a dead decapitated bird head laying on the sidewalk and was like " What the ****?? Is that real or fake?? " so I took a closer look and realized that it was real and was gonna come back with rubber gloves wrap it up in newspapers set it on fire ( to minimize the risk of somebody catching a disease ) walk away and wash my hand when I got to the library.

Is this normal why or why not??