What makes someone Russian?

Is it the place they were born? Is it their citizenship? Is it the nationality of their parents? Is it the language they speak? I am asking this because the Russian culture is quite different and unique in its own way compared to other European countries. Eg. If someone is born in Russia but does not have Russian... show more Is it the place they were born? Is it their citizenship? Is it the nationality of their parents? Is it the language they speak?

I am asking this because the Russian culture is quite different and unique in its own way compared to other European countries. Eg.

If someone is born in Russia but does not have Russian parents, are they considered Russian?

If someone has two Russian parents, are they considered Russian?

What is a person was born in Russia and has two Russian parents, but cannot speak Russian?

What is a person who can speak Russian but is not fluent and lives abroad - has one Russia parent?

So many options... but from what I can understand... a person is only considered Russian by a native, if the person was born in Russia, has 2 Russian parents, AND can speak Russian. What do you think?