Are working class men naturally good fighters?

I've always led a safe, comfortable life. Very well paid managerial job at 28, wife a teacher and two kids who regularly attend piano lessons and ride horses. We holiday abroad every school term. Never had to fight or argue ever in my life. Last week two robbers came to our back alley and were trying to... show more I've always led a safe, comfortable life. Very well paid managerial job at 28, wife a teacher and two kids who regularly attend piano lessons and ride horses. We holiday abroad every school term.
Never had to fight or argue ever in my life.

Last week two robbers came to our back alley and were trying to climb over a neighbors wall. I was terrified as I was sitting nonchalant drinking my earl grey around 930 pm in my back garden. I froze in fear not knowing how to react.

Anyway suddenly a 60 year old neighbour came out of his house, red with anger , shouting swearing and armed with a baseball . he shouted angrily at the two lads who ran off!

Then the old man came over and asked why I never got involved and why I just stood there! He said one should always fight to defend themselves from robbers.
This was a working class factory worker. He worked 16 hr shifts in Yorkshires foundarys as a young man.

Are working class people naturally good fighters, brave and able to confront danger?
9 answers 9