Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

Is it old dog disorder? Or stroke?

So while I was at work my mom was watching my 11/12 year old chihuahua/pug mix dog she was outside and she started rolling on her left side with toungue out and my mom described her eyes as sad. She was completely normal afterwards. I booked a apt with vet but could anyone point out what this could be?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

It could be a seizure, she might have been in pain, or maybe she just found something that smelled good to roll around in. It doesn’t sound like a stroke since she was completely normal right afterward.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Stroke or seizure. The dog should be taken to the vet to be checked out.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Possibly a seizure or mild stroke.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

My dog had one of many seizures. My sister's dog had a stroke. There is no way for me to know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

There is very little SECOND HAND (btw) information provided. There are NO vets on yahoo. We can only guess - just like YOU.

Simply WAIT until you see the vet, or google the symptoms on both and read them off to your mother & see what she thinks. There are many different TYPES of seizures (some more extreme in symptoms than others) and some older dogs can also have strokes, although a less common likelihood.

• 10 months ago

Could be stroke but equally a seizure although with the latter, usually the bowels/bladder empty. To help your vet diagnose what's going on, if this happens again, could you/your mum take a phone vid.?

• 10 months ago

Stroke or maybe a seizure

• 10 months ago

you'll just have to wait till the vet sees her, hes the only one that would know what happened

• 10 months ago

Ask the dogs vet

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Potentially a siezure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.