Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 8 months ago

Can someone hack my desktop computer if I leave the computer on, while I am away?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

If you are not connected to the Internet, no one can hack your computer.

• Fulano
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A hacker won't bother hacking into someone's system, not when they get thousands of people to install the viruses for them through shifty websites and such.

• YKhan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If you've kept your Windows updates uptodate, and you're not going to any websites that might inject malware into your computer without you knowing it. At the very least make sure you exit your browser before you leave your computer unattended and running. Otherwise, your antivirus and Windows firewall should be enough to prevent hacking, even your home router is a type of protection against it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

There always is a possibility but updating the anti virus and os is the best way to prevent it. I wouldn’t worry about it. Unless you’ve been on pirated websites and other dangerous websites

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • $$$
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

If nobody else uses your computer, and if you disconnect your computer from the internet then it's not possible, for someone to hack your computer while it's on, and you are away.

• Shark
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I heard a good hacker can hack anything - relax

• 8 months ago

your firewall is what prevents this. make sure it is turned on

• shroud
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

they can hack you computer while you're on it

• 8 months ago

its possible but hopefully they wont

• 8 months ago

It is possible, but unlikely. Your ISP and/or router have security measures in place to mitigate attacks like this. However, if your system is already infected, then it might be easier depending on the type of malware infection it has.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.