Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 7 months ago

SHOULD I TRYOUT FOR CHEER OR DANCE?!?

Ok info about me: I’m around 5’3, around 134 lbs, I’m 16, and I’m gonna be a junior. I have never done cheer before! I was on poms dance team for 2 years, did acro dance and hip hop and ballet (when I was younger), and I’m pretty flexible. The only tumbling I can do is cartwheel, handstand, side splits, and round off. I’m okay at turns, leaps, jumps, kicks, etc. from dance. I’m not super athletic; I do recreational boxing and equestrian (horse back riding). Anyway, I’m switching high schools this fall, and I really want to join something to make friends. Should I tryout for cheer or dance? I really wanna do cheer, but I’m worried about the fact I have ZERO experience with stunts and stuff. I plan to take dance and tumbling classes this summer, but is that enough...? Help!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Can you do both? I would take the tumbling classes and see how you feel after that. It’s always fun to try something new!

• 7 months ago

Give it a whirl. You may be great.

• 7 months ago

If you can fit it in your busy schedule you certainly seem qualified.

• 7 months ago

Try out, it's not going to hurt anything to try. I have found that the biggest regrets don't come from trying and failing, but from not trying in the first place. I tried out a few times and never made it, but I didn't have the background that you do, if you remember your skills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Do whichever you want. Or both?

It has to be your own choice.

• 7 months ago

Can you do both? I would take the tumbling classes and see how you feel after that. It’s always fun to try something new!

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

what do you have to lose ?? DO IT !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.