What unexpected difficulties might I face if I choose to live "off the grid"?

I would very, very much like to take time to get caught up on my debt. One solution is that my family owns a hunting cabin that I could live in and my only expense would be paying for the propane to heat it. Otherwise, the cabin is bare bones. But thankfully it is not too much further from my job than I am right... show more I would very, very much like to take time to get caught up on my debt. One solution is that my family owns a hunting cabin that I could live in and my only expense would be paying for the propane to heat it. Otherwise, the cabin is bare bones. But thankfully it is not too much further from my job than I am right now.

In my head it all seems basic enough. I can use my phone for the internet, and I can buy a generator or small solar set up to keep said phone and my laptop charged. As I said, there is a propane heater and stove, so I wouldn't be in trouble when I need to eat or stay warm. And I can buy 10 gallon jugs of water pretty readily, or just refill them elsewhere.

Is there anything else I should consider? It just seems like if it was so easy then everyone would be doing this.