Jonas asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 months ago

Is Coffee Soup?

Soup is defined as: "a liquid dish, typically savoury and made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables etc. in stock or water"

Coffe is liquid, and made by boiling the dried seed of the coffee plant in water. The seeds are not submerged, the water is strained through them, but I'd say this process is very similar to boiling it "in stock or water"

Is it more of a broth?

I want to settle a dispute between some classmates of mine

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Don't be STUPID, what kind of a question is that anyway? and who raised you to ask such a question? They should never have been allowed to have children!

• 7 months ago

Its a beverage.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Don't be silly. Of course it isn't. Coffee is coffee.

• 8 months ago

for me it is not soup

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

No. Coffee is coffee. It's a drink. Soup is food.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Well as these is a cold summer soup make from Strawberry's and other summer fruit.

Then you could call coffee soup if that really pleases you and your less that juvenile friends.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You would think it was soup the way some people pour over it but it is a beverage.

• 8 months ago

No , coffee is not a soup.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It would be more of a bean broth.

• 8 months ago

I'm not sure where the technical line is, between soup and coffee, but to me personally, if you put caffeine in soup, I wouldn't call it soup anymore.

With coffee, that's the way that I think about it, and the way that I use it. It is liquid with caffeine, it is a wake-up drug that gets me through work. If you're lucky, it is also a nice drink. Probably not the most cultured way to think about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.