Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

Work unfairly refused my holiday request.. what can I do?

I requested 1 day off next week to spend with my gf as it is her birthday - I requested this a month ago when no one else at my work had requested it. I come into work today to find out that my manager had 'forgotten' to take my request slip to the office and authorised someone else's request on that day instead whom had requested the day off after me! He said there's nothing he can do and is denying me my holiday still even though it's not my fault, I followed the work guidelines and he can see on the sheet the day that i requested it and he even remembered me handing the request to him.

what can i do

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If you're willing to risk losing your job you could always go over his head and complain to his boss.

• 8 months ago

Go to his boss and explain.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Nothing you can do apart from plead your case to the person above the manager who had 'forgotten' to take the request slip to the office, or request another day and follow up your request to check it has been put through to the correct place then do a belated birthday day for your gf

• TB12
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You can do,,,

A) Take it up with his supervisor,,

B) Accept it as is, request a different day off,

C) Get over it,

D) Cry about it to strangers on a social media platform,

E) Tell him to shove it and quit,,,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

You have to explain very well to your superior

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

There is nothing you can do other than ask the person who has the leave allocated if they will swap the day with you. I agree it's annoying, but mistakes happen and you won't die as a result.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Go to your general manager and tell them your manager is a dumb, fat ***** and that if they don’t approve your holiday you’re gonna best all of their asses

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.