Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 8 months ago

What is the difference between "broke" and "poor"?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

broke means having no money or more debts than money and poor means having little money

• 7 months ago

broke = without; poor = with little.

• JASON
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Broke is when you don't have much money, whereas poor is when you use a jug to fill a glass.

• 8 months ago

Broke is temporarily having no money and poor means always having very little to no money. This is just like the difference between winning a lot of money at once and being rich. Also, broke means having no money, but poor is having little money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Broke is no money, and it can last a lifetime. I have a brother living on the streets somewhere in the US and he is always broke. Poor is little money, and it is usually for an extended period of time.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You can't say "If it ain't poor, don't fix it".

• 8 months ago

They are different.

Broke - You had money and now its gone, referring to an immediate state. Where as Poor - usually would refer to a longer period of time.

• 8 months ago

Broke is temporary while poor is permanent.

I could be broke because I spent my entire paycheck on some pole dancers but that doesn’t mean I’m poor.

If I’m making minimum wage and have just enough for food, rent, gas, utilities, then I’m poor.

• Digital E8 months agoReport

Is the state of being poor forever? You can't come back from that?

• 8 months ago

In my opinion, being broke usually indicates that at the moment you have no money or very little. Being poor can mean that you are constantly finding yourself "broke" and are have a hard time affording things in general a lot of the time. They both indicate a lack of money but the amount of time that you are being affected is the main difference between the two.

• 8 months ago

Broke can be temporary. Poor is most of the time.

• Digital E8 months agoReport

Can't a person be poor temporary? Can't a person be broke for the rest of their life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.