Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 months ago

Am I being way too insecure about myself? What am I supposed to do? Please help.?

Hi there, I’m a young female teen and I really need help with my feelings. Truly, I don’t know exactly how to describe my feelings so I’ll just try and do it as close as I can. I feel empty, alone in my own body sometimes. I honestly don’t know who I am. It’s almost like I don’t have an opinion. I make small choices than I end up regretting later. I don’t know truly if I’m ok, meaning what type of person I am to others. I feel like no one loves me. Like my family is “supposed” to love me JUST because I was born into that family. My friends, I feel like they are on a different planet sometimes but I just might not be with the right people... I’ve always felt different, and I really don’t know who I am. My appearance, feel down I know I’m beautiful in some ways but when I look at myself I don’t see it. I dont feel special even though I get told I am, but I don’t even feel like a person. I don’t know myself. What am I supposed to do? Please help.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

i don't know

• 8 months ago

everyone has insercure at sometime . try to mix with possitive people =))

• Benny
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Talking to a therapist could be really good for you, if you're lucky enough to find a good one.

• 8 months ago

Everything you are feeling is you learning what it is to be you.

You are fine, but it's okay to feel confused and afraid.

It's okay to feel like others don't understand you.

I know it doesn't help, but most of that tends to work itself out as you grow older and more issues show up.

But don't think what you are feeling is anything but valid for your own experience and life.

I hope you become the best you possible.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Wait until 18, for the end of adolecance

And nerves firing, like a finely tuned

Spitfire. And you will find things will start to

make

Sence, then thanks.

Thanks

Very best wishes

Mars

Source:) Study.

• 8 months ago

It sounds like your depressed, you should really talk to people about it and try to talk to a doctor/therapist. When i was depressed a few years ago i wanted to commit suicide. but when i spent a few months talking to a professional i realized that i actually DID have goals and friends who care. just know even though you dont think so, people in your life love you and you will make it.

• 8 months ago

Maybe it's just karma from a past life. Idk but I think if you were to do something like constructive and go out into public and go to a local shelter and help out or do community service type things you would feel good.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wow I'm exactly the same way and have the same thoughts as you.. Just to show you are not alone

• A C
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Stop focusing on yourself. Do some volunteer work at a hospital or something. Visit a nursing home. Serve meals to the homeless. Helping others is very therapeutic. Read the New Testament; Gospel of John first. Ask Jesus into your life as Lord and Savior. Pray for God's will and direction in your life. Pray about everything that concerns you. Look up Philippians 4:6-8.

• 8 months ago

I dunno. Question too long to read

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.