Isn't transgenderism a form of cultural appropriation?

We ostracize people who steal various aspects of other people's culture. White people who rob Native Americans of their symbols and ceremonies often face criticism. And then there was Rachel Dolezal who spent years fraudulently pretending to be a black woman, she faced public shame for what she did.

Why do we make exceptions when it comes to gender when it comes to appropriation? Just because you have stolen aspects of the feminine (often stereotypical aspects), why should you be allowed to appropriate female identity?

Favorite Answer

Yes!

And this is exactly why the Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists (TERFs) will never accept transwomen as sisters.

Transwomen are born male and grow up male. They never go through any of the struggles normal girls go through. They have no true female experience except a "feeling" that they are in the wrong body.

They often marry genetic women and have children with them before finally confessing their secret transwoman self-identification.

So it is clear that transwomen appropriate genetic female roles, customs and values.

And only do so because of a mental illness that refuses to set them free.

• Hermes

I think you overestimate the reach of the group that believes in cultural appropriation. I am pretty hard Left and I think its all crap. That is CONSIDERABLY different from masquerading as someone else. I AM gay, cis gendered and male. For me to pretend to be (not actually be, but PRETEND to be) a straight non-gendered female would be absolutely wrong - likewise, for a transgendered woman to pretend to be a gay male would be wrong and so forth. Cultural appropriation itself... eh... as I was told by a colleague "If you like African Art -buy it." I do like African art, I did buy some. I am as White as milk and she is a wonderful woman of African American blood. Don't sweat stuff like this, the tiny community that cares can just go away, NO ONE Right or Left really wants them in my experience.

Hermes

No.

Nobody can 'rob' Native Americans of their culture.

No, but it is a form of mental illness.

Gender isn't a culture. It's an identity. Edit: as has been explained to you. Many trans women are butch/masculine. Invalidating the idea of all trans women just being the stereotypical feminine woman.

• 10 months agoReport

**** OFF YOU TRANSPHOBIC PIG I HOPE YOU DIE OF INTERNAL BLEEDING AFTER BE BUTTFUCKED BY A SPIKED METAL DILDO!

You can't "steal aspects of the feminine" whatever the f#ck that means. I know some idiots have claimed drag queens are inherently misogynist because of this. They are idiots.

"Isn't transgenderism a form of cultural appropriation?"

Nope.

Transsexualism (gender identity-body mismatch) is a scientifically proven physical birth condition.

"And then there was Rachel Dolezal who spent years fraudulently pretending to be a black woman"

That's because being trans-racial isn't a real thing. This guy explains why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1qagVz2dzk

Youtube thumbnail

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
    • 10 months agoReport

THIS SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE ******* EXPLAINED

• Tyler

complete brainlet take you have, there

• Dave

Wow.

I am surprised you didn't do yourself some damage with THAT stretch.

no, more just publicity wh0ring .................