nene asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 months ago

What would disabling the " notify me when a new message arrive " button in outlook do?

I've got over 8000+ emails in outlook, ( some from family, and un-important sources, anyway i'm trying to prevent the shutting down of my inbox by deleting all messages., but at the same time i'd like to avoid further filling up., do y'all think its wise to just disable that option,, or is there any way? - there's 8000+ there currently hence the urgent question. Please provide ways and/or options. Thanks for responding.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Disabling that will just prevent you from being notified that there are new messages. It won't do anything to prevent emails from coming in to your inbox. You can usually set up filters/rules for you email and that can sort any number of options from keywords, email address, dates, etc. You can also set it to delete unwanted spam that should reduce a lot of bloat in your email.

See:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-em...

Agent Derek B.

BADGE65746

ARA

Geek Squad/Yahoo Answers Partnership Knowledge Partner

04/23/2019

• keerok
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

With all those emails flooding in, you should've been annoyed with all those Outlook messages telling you you've got new email. Disabling notification does just that - not tell you you have new messages. If you want to reduce emails coming in, unsubscribe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.