How big in diameter should I make my Alaskan Snowshoe Hare snare?

Update:

I can't watch YouTube.

Update 2:

In Inches.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

about 4 inches.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

There is no longer an IQ test to become a resident of Alaska? Interesting.

My suggestion would be that you ask a friend to set the snare somewhere where you travel on the snowmobile you're always whining about. When you are caught in the snare and slowly starving to death you can measure the size.

Only in Alaska.

EDIT: "Stay off" YOUR page? You don't have a "page." You are posting questions on Yahoo Q and A.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It depends on whether your plan is for the animal to strangle or chew its leg off.

Which would you personally prefer?

• Hello7 months agoReport

I hope you slaughter carrots, because if you eat meat, you feed upon the exploitation and murder of imprisoned chaemera's bred for central bank credits. If flora genocide is your thing, then ok, fair enough. Wrong planet though. Here death is life. Ask the fish, bugs birds, mammals etc etc Fool.

• 7 months ago

You want it low to the ground or touching the snow since it would have the head held high - and about 4" wide. Be sure to place it in fresh tracks. Try to find a choke point where the rabbit has to pass though your snare and not go around. If you to, then add some small twigs and branches on the left and right side so the hole with your snare looks like the best route.

If you start to catch them with the snare around the main body - then your snare maybe set too wide. But don t change your size based on just one catch. One bunny might have pushed it aside or wind might have laid it down - this is how they get snagged on the foot.

Be sure to put survey/flag tape where every one of your snares are! Because once the snow melts it is near impossible to find them by simply looking. I ve looked at a flagged set and taken up to five minutes to discover the stupid thing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

A little bigger than it's neck. Maybe 3 inches bigger than his neck.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Large enough to fit around your fvucking neck.

• Hello7 months agoReport

While I understand your irrational rage at all the actual violence of reality on this Earth where death sustains life, unfortunately for you, the world is not a utopia promise nor overly populated with whiny college course peers. You are outnumbered by 6.5 billion nonsqueamish humans. Calm down.

• nanu
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

VERY BIG

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.