Atheists can you help me?

My friend said he agrees with Zack Snyder's assessment that Batman is a stone cold killer and I told him that that is not even within the canon of the comic book Batman that would never kill because Batman never wants to become like the criminals that he is against. To which my friend said that the early... show more My friend said he agrees with Zack Snyder's assessment that Batman is a stone cold killer and I told him that that is not even within the canon of the comic book Batman that would never kill because Batman never wants to become like the criminals that he is against. To which my friend said that the early version of Batman carried around a .45 and killed people to which I told him that Batman doesn't count because most people are familiar with the modern non-killing Batman who makes up the whole Batman myth that people know and love. To which he dismissed saying that myth is only in Nolan's movies and that Heath Ledger wasn't really the Joker and that Jared Leto played a better Joker. He even said that Mark Hamill was not playing the Joker but just playing the Trickster a role he played on the old Flash series from the 90's. How do I convince him he is wrong? You guys are experts on these things, so can you help me?
Update: By the way my friend who thinks that Batman should kill is a Christian. And he also believes Batman is a Christian and a conservative when I told him it is obvious that Batman is an atheist because in the comics Batman said he used to believe but became an unbeliever after the murder of his parents