I picked a marble mosaic tile in little pieces for our small bathroom floor. It s called Daltile Mist Honed. Because it s somewhat light?

I picked a marble mosaic tile in little pieces for our small bathroom floor. It s called Daltile Mist Honed. Because it s somewhat light in color I thought a darker color maybe a gray or green would offset the little pieces and a light color might look drab. Am I off on that? Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Benjamin Moore has a BUNNY GRAY color that is a nice shade of gray without it being too dark. It is a silvery gray and good for small spaces. With a marble floor and gray walls, you can basically use almost any color for the towels and change them out seasonally for a fresh new look. I had a gray bathroom and had a few sets of solid colored towels for variety (Coral. Turquoise. Red. Sage Green).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Purely a personal choice.

• 1 year ago

A word of warning, marble is not the best choice for a floor and specially in a bathroom. Marble tends to stain and is easy to mar with any king of mild chemical. Even something as mild a vinegar can cause a problem.

• Kim R
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You can use two different shades of gray on the walls, or just one. I would go with lighter grey or white and maybe have one accent wall with dark grey, but only if it's a large bathroom. Definitely NOT green.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Is there a Daltile store near you?

They will help you with all the designing for free.

• 1 year ago

Thanks. I think I'll go with a gray. I think a dark color like gray will give the little tiles some definition.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Go with your first instinct. Second-guessing on color choices only makes for worse combos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.