Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

Why is being Obesity bad? What health issues arise from it?

Update:

I mean being Obese lol sorry...

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

It's healthy for u

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Heart disease

• Marnie
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Cancer

• 9 months ago

Google it but in general you lead a shorter life than healthier people and have a lot of healthy problems and early death.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Heart problems, blood pressure issues, diabetes, etc, etc, etc.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I was honestly disgusted to see a 40-ish year old woman having to use her hands to try and pull her leg into her car. Barring any involuntarily acquired medical issues for which I would have sympathy for, it's just sad that she sat down for 35 years and can't even get into the thing that made her that way anymore.

If your that fat and stiff, you're obviously not moving around much and that's one of the many issues. You turn yourself into stone, tightening some muscles and atrophying others. On that note, this can lead to blood clots and death easily. When fat people brush up against me I can't help but think about what it would be like to have to carry that blob of hard goo all over your body all the time. I can put down heavy packs once I reach my destination but fat is a back(front) pack you can never put down. How sad is that?

• 9 months ago

Your body is NOT meant to carry around hundreds of pounds. Your blood circulation becomes compromised, causing higher blood pressure (your heart has to work harder to pump the blood, so heart failure) and potential blood clots.

Diabetes, bone degradation, lymphedema, skin infections, breathing problems, sleep apnea, and at least 4 types of cancer have been linked with morbid obesity.

Obesity and smoking are usually neck and neck for the #1 spot of diseases/death caused by preventable circumstances. This means people die from something they could have avoided or quit early on to prevent disease, cancer, and death. I'm not saying that EVERYONE who is obese will die or that EVERYONE who smokes will get lung cancer, but hell, you're certainly digging an early grave by keeping it up.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Heart problems/blood pressure issues, diabetes, muscle atrophy, injured joints and back. Just heart problems and diabetes are enough to cause all kinds of health concerns to include amputation of a limb or death.

• 9 months ago

Heart problems, blood pressure issues, diabetes, etc, etc, etc.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

there are loads of health issues you could face from being overweight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.