What movies and tv shows are overrated (got more credit than it deserves)?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

• 7 months ago

That HBO Thrones show and Family Guy.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Avatar-- boring, overly familiar story paired with CGI-overladen effects. Fern Gully with sex and violence.

The Matrix-- stultifying muddled story, a mixture of Eastern philosophy and slogans written on gas station bathroom walls. Everyone around the main character more interesting than main character.

The American version of the Office-- compared to the original, it's extra crap on toast. It's been softened, made bland and turned into stale toast compared to the sharp biting satire that was the original Ricky Gervais vehicle.

Anything with Daniel Day-Lewis in it. He's never anything but Daniel Day-Lewis ACTING instead of whatever character he's supposed to be playing.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Friends

The Walking Dead

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Pulp Fiction. It is so overrated. I just do not understand it it . It proves my theory though of most humans are sheeple and just follow , yeah i do get it , that is it , some people think it is cool so everyone follows even if they don't . I am not a sheeple.

• YKhan
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

It was quite innovative for its time.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The Big Bang Theory

The Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

American Dad

• Ben
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Game of Thrones...not even close.

• jessica7 months agoReport

Nah doctor who is best show. It may have fallen in its most recent season but it shall rise again without a doubt

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I would say ANY TV show that is based on a short story, yet they try to bring it back season after season. At most, make it a "miniseries".

I was hoping people would be more specific

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes.

Yahoo is nowhere to be ‘dilly dallying’ I want answers not ******* spammers

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Homeland. The whole series was based around an earlier TV series from Israel (called "Prisoners of War"), about an Israeli soldier who gets captured and then comes back as a sleeper agent with Stockholm Syndrome. Now, in Homeland, they just replaced that Israeli soldier with an American soldier. It came off as far less convincing, and hardly realistic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.