Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 8 months ago

Are you going to buy an electric car anytime soon?

Favorite Answer

No.

I might be interested in a plug-in hybrid someday. I like the idea of being able to do 90% of my driving including my daily commute on all electric, without giving up the ability to go longer distances.

But I think my next vehicle will be a mid size SUV and the only plug-in hybrids on the market right now are smaller cars. And Since I don't buy new cars, I won't be buying anything until at least 3-5 years after it comes out.

• F

There are loads of plug in SUVs available.

Only if its small remote controlled for a kid to play with. having looked at battery /cell replacement issues etc current top of electric cars are a liability.

Not now.

At the time A Tesla set itself on fire.

• Kim R

Yes, we did in October of last year. Fabulous car, and I haven't paid a cent for gas or charging since we got free charging for life on it.

• zipper

NO! They solve nothing, no flumes from the exhaust but what about the power plant that is supplying the charging juice? Your trade one no, no for another one!

• Lv 5

This is why I designed solar charged one that only does 45 tops, 1 1/2 hours, tops. Amy faster/further requires too many solar panels to fit and too long a charge wait. It would be perfect for 90% of the driving I do.

Not until they have super-fast chargers located at every gas station

Not me.

Never

• Lv 5

My brother offered me a hybrid, Free. (Just needed $1500 Batteries...)

no, i cant, i dont even have a driver's license

• Lv 5

When U get it, we may have no other option in a new car. My brother offered me a hybrid , Free, just needed $1500 worth of new batteries....I got a Tercel, instead.

nope.

One the price is better I will switch