Was this employee wrong?

I’ve unfortunately picked up the habit of smoking. I’ve been under a lot of stress and yes Ik it’s wrong. Anyway whenever I buy my cigs from a specific store when a specific employee is working there, he always makes negative comments about my purchase. He’s told me that I “could be using the money for gas instead... show more I’ve unfortunately picked up the habit of smoking. I’ve been under a lot of stress and yes Ik it’s wrong. Anyway whenever I buy my cigs from a specific store when a specific employee is working there, he always makes negative comments about my purchase. He’s told me that I “could be using the money for gas instead of cigarettes”. The next time I went in he said “Ma’am how many times do I have to tell you?”. I understand and agree with what he’s saying, but I think it’s wrong for a cashier to make comments like that on a purchase you are making at THEIR store. Customers should be made comfortable without anxiety of returning. Should I say something to him/the manager? I’m done buying anything from there again. I don’t think it’s okay to make customers feel bad for getting whatever they came in there for. Tho I agree with him, all I want, all anyone wants when they go into a store is to feel welcomed and comfortable, not an inconvenience. Am I right on this?
5 answers 5