Does any one know how to read a Gas Meter......?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

its easy... you look at the numbers on it...

• hart
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

yes follow the numbers and note down

• John P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Millions of people can read gas meters, and for some people it is their job. Our gas meters in Britain are now digital, thus very easy to read. Even in the old days they were not difficult to read.

• 8 months ago

YES. A several million people do.

Without a CLUE what type of meter you have, no one can tell you how to read yours.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • roger
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yep.

• 8 months ago

You simply copy the line indicators onto a form that’s provided, or try to draw the “wheels” on the form , marking where the line’s positions are.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Which Country ?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Read off the white numbers from left to right and ignore the red number. You may have dials, but these are rare nowadays. What I do is photograph the meter and e-mail it to the utility company as they never believe I use so little.

• Speed
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes. My first real job was for a utility company.

To read a non-digital meter, the kind with dials, you need to stand squarely in front of it. The number that the hand of each dial is past (or directly on) is the read for that dial. So when it's between two numbers, it's always the lower of the two. If it's almost to the next number, it's still the lower number.

It has to be squarely on the higher number--and the next dial most likely at a very low number--to count as that number.

• 8 months ago

The guy reading your gas meter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.