In an interracial marriage, does the language barrier between families have a big impact?

Does the language barrier in interracial marriage affect the relationship between the two families and what else can be done to idk help the families understand, appreciate and love the other culture.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Interracial doesn't necessarily mean there's a language barrier. A black American speaks the same language as an Asian or Caucasian American. International relationships that actually might involve a language barrier probably aren't all that common as without the ability to communicate on an intense level no real bonds can be formed.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Around 1950, scientists figured out and proved that all humans alive today are the same race.

A difference in skincolour does not constitute a language barrier

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It's not a barrier. You have a romanticised idea about "interracial.... most interracial couples don't give the slightest though to "culture". To the majority of the human race "culture" is a nebulous word used for virtue signalling on social media.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I'm in an interracial marriage, and there is no language barrier. Why do you assume there would be?

• D1 month agoReport

My boyfriend is Indian and I'm Sri Lankan and we have families who don't speak English very well. That's why I feel like there is a language barrier between our cultures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.