Have you ever met an asian or other ethnic minority who exploits stereotypes to their own advantage?

I know a Chinese guy who said he came from a family of hard working Chinese immigrants who were experts in penny pinching and they taught him the importance of honesty and hard work But it's not true. His parents weren't fishermen or general labour restaurant workers. Instead his mother was a housewife... show more I know a Chinese guy who said he came from a family of hard working Chinese immigrants who were experts in penny pinching and they taught him the importance of honesty and hard work

But it's not true. His parents weren't fishermen or general labour restaurant workers. Instead his mother was a housewife with 2 children and his father was a millionaire CEO who made twice as much as as a surgeon.

I was also watching the dragon's den and a Chinese guy goes on the show and he says his parents never got to get an education because they were so busy fleeing the communist oppression in China and were a lot like refugees when they came to Canada.

This is once again a fake story designed to exploit stereotypes. My dad is friends with at least 4 dozen Chinese professors who worked in Communist China. Half of his friends are millionaires and he even has Billionaires as friends. One in particular wrote a book and mailed it to him.

I've had both professors and students assume I'm more intelligent than others based on racial factors alone - because I was the only Chinese person in my class.