Girls' vs. juniors' sizes?

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of overlapping in girls vs. juniors clothes? And juniors clothes seem to be really small? At Walmart, the girls sizes in shirts were XS (4-5), S (6-6X), M (7-8), L (10-12) and XL (14-16). While the juniors sizes were XS (1), S (3-5), M (7-9), L (11-13), and XL (15-17).... show more Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of overlapping in girls vs. juniors clothes? And juniors clothes seem to be really small? At Walmart, the girls sizes in shirts were XS (4-5), S (6-6X), M (7-8), L (10-12) and XL (14-16). While the juniors sizes were XS (1), S (3-5), M (7-9), L (11-13), and XL (15-17). I would have thought that the girls XL and the juniors small would be about the same. But I tried on the juniors small, and it was so tight that I couldn't even pull it down over my chest. And while I know I can't fit into girls clothes and am probably too old at this point to wear them anyway (I'm 15), I did try on the girls 14/16 just for kicks, and I actually got that on way easier. It was definitely too small for me, but I could at least get it on! I really need an XL in juniors tops. I could wear a large, but I just like my shirts to fit fairly loose. It just seemed to me like a girls XL is actually more like a juniors medium, while the juniors small is more like a girls 10/12. So does that mean a juniors XS is actually like a girls 7/8?? That just seems crazy to me. I know some girls are petite and that's fine, but I don't think any teenager should be the size of an average 7 or 8-year-old. It seem like juniors clothes are made a bit too small. I think I could stand to lose a little bit of weight, and I have kind of a large chest for my age, but I still feel like I should be able to fit into a large comfortably. In regular women's shirts, I can wear a medium.
5 answers 5