I received an e-mail from my account saying I was hacked and they want $1000 in Bitcoin. What can I do?

1 year ago

Just ignore them. But change your email password!

• 1 year ago

Dont click any links. Its probably a phishing scam, Delete it.

1 year ago

It is a scam.

• 1 year ago

It's a long running scam. Don't pay anything or respond. Just mark as Spam and Delete it

1 year ago

Ignore and report

• 1 year ago

My friend, this is a scam ignore it and do what your doing here. Post about it and warn people. If they really did hack you ask them something about you. Or ignore it if they answer correct like your Facebook password or something. You may have to pay

• 1 year ago

Ignore and report it

• Sharon
    1 year ago

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• 1 year ago

Ignore it. If they actually had anything they would know they would get better results if they sent a sample picture.

I get these periodically, but I don't watch porn, and my camera is blocked, so I know it's fake. I first got one after Columbia Athletic Club leaked their email list. I know they leaked because I own an internet domain, all email to that domain goes into a single email box, and I gave those ***holes a dedicated email address. **** em, never giving Columbia Athletic Club another penny. They don't use normal reasonable safety measures that a respectable business does. Won't risk giving them any information that might matter.

• ?
    1 year ago

Pay them $2000 in bitcoin just to be sure.