Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Someone mature please tell me if I did the right thing in this situation?

My bf and I are long distance at this time. He planned a trip to Vegas with his friends without telling me until he booked the ticket. I got upset because every single time he went on vacation without, he cheated. Last vacation he went to, he cheated w a random girl unprotected. They carried on talking for months until I found out. I told him it’s his decision and I don’t agree with it and I refuse to put myself in another situation to where he cheats on me again and possibly gives me an std. So I broke up with him.

108 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Wow.. That’s horrible. You give me strength. Keep going. You sound like you have a lot going for you!

• 8 months ago

Walk away from him and dont go back... we know you will because your desperate and cannot find another guy so who cares... your gonna do what you gonna do no matter what people here tell you.. Your a stupid female with low self esteem and you will go crawling back to him.

• 8 months ago

when are you ever going to realize the "last" time he went there was to get laid??? next time invite your sister or aunt he would surely want to know which one of you two is a transexual.

• 8 months ago

Break up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

You did good he doesnt love you bc hes not honest and doesnt care. Hes disrespecting you.

• 8 months ago

Sounds like you did the right thing. It’s not impossible to recover from a cheater. But you’d need to invest trust and he’d need to put in effort to gain your trust back.

By booking tickets without telling you, not inviting you and him being not willing to compromise are the big red flags why you should leave him. Its not even about whether he’s cheating or not although the probably is given the history, but more so he’s inflexible and doesn’t consider your feelings even though he has hurt you so badly in the past.

This must be hard on you. You still have feelings for him of course, but sometimes this is not enough to keep a relationship. Especially if the trust has been broken and your ex partner lacks the awareness, empathy to consider how you feel AND the maturity and feelings to do actively gain your trust back.

The feelings hurt now but I think this would be better for you down the track. Good luck dear.

• 8 months ago

Yep. You did good.

He’s stickin it someplace not nice.

Not coming back to you.

• 8 months ago

Good on you, in my opinion you did the right thing. You are better than putting up with that stuff, I was married for 7 years and in that time he left me twice for another women (2 different women) and I forgave him the first time (stupidly) but it was always in the back of my mind that he would do it again and he did, when the second time happened I left so please don't make the same mistake I did and don't go back

• 8 months ago

Yes love yourself first and then others. If he can’t respect you then he doesn’t deserve you.

• 8 months ago

Good for you, because jerkoffs, which he is, seek pleasure in the moment, and you seek commitment. That is a true sign of maturity, at least a girl I would trust with real emotions. Message if you have need for opinions, I'm full of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.