What Do You Think About Rat Hunting?

It's great. No bag limits, because they're vermin. Pretty easy targets since they mostly hang out around the dumpster, which is makes them pretty easy to get. Also, they're pretty easy to trap, also no limits or regulations on trapping. Overall, it's one of the few areas of hunting where there... show more It's great. No bag limits, because they're vermin. Pretty easy targets since they mostly hang out around the dumpster, which is makes them pretty easy to get. Also, they're pretty easy to trap, also no limits or regulations on trapping.

Overall, it's one of the few areas of hunting where there aren't really any restrictions. They pretty much just drop right away too, so no following a blood trail. Don't need to go applying for a gun license or anything either, since all you need is a BB gun since they're so little.

So, yeah, rat hunting is pretty awesome. Preparing it is pretty easy too, it's sort of like filleting fish in a way since they're small. And in my experience, it's absolutely delicious. It's important to get all the skin off and then give the meat a good rinse since the hair is disgusting, but the meat itself.... all I can say is WOW!

Honestly, I'm really surprised that eating rats isn't more popular. It just is so delicious. Sometimes, it's pretty thin, so it cooks pretty fast. But some of the ones from the dumpster lately are pretty meaty, and some of them have more meat than you'd expect.