Why don't laptops have touchscreen keyboards?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

You would have to get a laptop with touch-screen capabilities. Although, you can still pull up an "on-screen" keyboard if your keyboard isn't working for some reason; you just can't use touch without that capability.

• 7 months ago

Many have soft (on screen) keyboards where you touch the screen. I don;t use them because its much slower to type on one.

• 7 months ago

Then there would be no need to put a bottom.

And that's basically how ERRE invented the tablet in 1965.

• 7 months ago

Do you mean on screen keyboards? If so, most either have software pre-installed that can bring an on-screen keyboard up, or you can download an app to do so. If you mean a touch screen style actual keyboard sort of like the touch bar on a MacBook Pro, I am sure you could find one as an accessory but it would be cost prohibitive, easily damaged and a difficult to manufacture into a bulk amount of laptops.

Agent Derek B.

BADGE# 65746

ARA

Geek Squad/ Yahoo! Answers Partnership Knowledge Partner

04/23/2019

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It seems they're in the works to have dual screen laptops, but for me personally i like a keyboard that has keys that require pushing so I can rest my hands on it while typing, so keys don't get accidentally hit all the time on the touchscreen keyboard.

• 7 months ago

very expensive

• 7 months ago

All windows OS's have since Win 95 have an onscreen keyboard. OSK.exe

• ron h
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

the question was "touchscreen."

• 7 months ago

Some do, like my Microsoft Surface. But it's usually on those laptops that can be converted to a tablet by removing the physical keyboard. Even if the physical keyboard is attached, they give you a choice of which keyboard to use.

• 7 months ago

Those with a touch screen do....

• 7 months ago

Those with a touch screen do....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.