Why don't laptops have touchscreen keyboards?

You would have to get a laptop with touch-screen capabilities. Although, you can still pull up an "on-screen" keyboard if your keyboard isn't working for some reason; you just can't use touch without that capability.

Many have soft (on screen) keyboards where you touch the screen. I don;t use them because its much slower to type on one.

Then there would be no need to put a bottom.

And that's basically how ERRE invented the tablet in 1965.

Do you mean on screen keyboards? If so, most either have software pre-installed that can bring an on-screen keyboard up, or you can download an app to do so. If you mean a touch screen style actual keyboard sort of like the touch bar on a MacBook Pro, I am sure you could find one as an accessory but it would be cost prohibitive, easily damaged and a difficult to manufacture into a bulk amount of laptops.

Agent Derek B.

BADGE# 65746

ARA

Geek Squad/ Yahoo! Answers Partnership Knowledge Partner

04/23/2019

• Fulano

It seems they're in the works to have dual screen laptops, but for me personally i like a keyboard that has keys that require pushing so I can rest my hands on it while typing, so keys don't get accidentally hit all the time on the touchscreen keyboard.

very expensive

All windows OS's have since Win 95 have an onscreen keyboard. OSK.exe

• ron h

the question was "touchscreen."

Some do, like my Microsoft Surface. But it's usually on those laptops that can be converted to a tablet by removing the physical keyboard. Even if the physical keyboard is attached, they give you a choice of which keyboard to use.

Those with a touch screen do....

Those with a touch screen do....