My dad served in the army &had a VA Loan some years ago. He has since passed away, I wanted to know if my mom was eligible to get a VA loan?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Only if she was in the military.

• 7 months ago

NO... she cannot..

• 7 months ago

You can only have one VA loan in place at a time. If they still own the house that the VA loan was used to buy then they can not get another VA loan even if the house was refinanced. If they let someone assume the VA loan then it is gone too. If no VA loan is in place and your dad did not retire then your mom is out of luck.

• 7 months ago

She should be able to get his benefits forget a loan.

• 7 months agoReport

It's cold outside. Snow. That kind of hell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No. A VA Loan is a one time benefit.

• Your Uncle Dodge!
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I am eligible to use mine again. I sold the first house and the loan is paid off in full.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Not free stuff conTard

• 7 months ago

not unless she served kin the military

• 7 months agoReport

yuo served trumps but hole

• 7 months ago

apply and find out

• Ron
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

From the VA website

Spouses

The spouse of a Veteran can also apply for home loan eligibility under one of the following conditions:

Unremarried spouse of a Veteran who died while in service or from a service connected disability, or

Spouse of a Servicemember missing in action or a prisoner of war

Surviving spouse who remarries on or after attaining age 57, and on or after December 16, 2003

(Note: a surviving spouse who remarried before December 16, 2003, and on or after attaining age 57, must have applied no later than December 15, 2004, to establish home loan eligibility. VA must deny applications from surviving spouses who remarried before December 6, 2003 that are received after December 15, 2004.)

Surviving Spouses of certain totally disabled veterans whose disability may not have been the cause of death

• 7 months ago

depends when dad passed away, and when mom needed/needs a loan, among other things - rules are always changing https://www.military.com/money/va-loans/va-loan-el...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.