Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 10 months ago

I want to become an actor but I do not want to be a celeb or highly famous what should I do or go through?

I'm a 20 year-old dude. I've always want to become an actor but they idea of being as famous as Tom Cruise, Jennifer Lawrence, Paris Hilton, Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson, Megan Fox, Sofia Vergara, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, etc. I want to be an actor like Grant Gustin, Noah Centineo, the whole cast of 13 Reasons Why, Liam Hemsworth or Nick Robinson. These last actos do not seem to have issues with Paparazzi and they all seem to enjoy of a really private life. That's honestly my deal with becoming an actor, I don't want to be followed by paparazzi or stalked all the time, just loved by the fans, like the last group of actors like I mentioned.

I really don't know if these group of actors went through mentoring, you know, to be seem to have a very low profile and that.

I'm very looking forward to seeing the answers, thanks in advance.

I would love to cross over into films or TV acting, that's what I've always attracted to.

I've always been a huge fan of Marvel, since I was a very young, back in the Dominican Republic. So playing a Marvel character is for sure one my milestones. The only reason I'm saying this is because it has to do with Film or TV acting.

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

You needn't worry. That's highly unlikely.

Still, if you wish to pursue acting without even a hint of risk of that, then pursue stage acting. Stage actors almost never become famous, not without crossing over into films or TV.

If you pursue stage acting outside of New York, like in Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, wherever, then your chances of becoming a celebrity drop to zero.

You could also try pursing acting in a foreign country, like by continuing to live in the United States but pursuing your acting career in, say, London. Stage actors in London aren't celebrities in the United States unless they're celebrities for other reasons. In London, you could also pursue a TV and movie career and even become successful in it without becoming a celebrity in the United States. You'd have some celebrity status in the UK, but if you made sure to always return to the States when not filming, then you'd be a non-celebrity in your regular life, only maybe having to be one while at work and doing your job.

Frankly, if I were wanting to have a career in acting, I'd go to London. Unlike the US, which has a very nebulous and haphazard pathway to becoming a professional actor with enough success to live on, the UK has a very clear pathway. Successful UK actors are almost always formally trained, and it's a well-established practice in the UK to only use actors who have been formally trained, meaning they don't have stories like we have in the US where somebody says they were discovered working at McDonald's by some casting director who just liked his look. So, if you go to the UK and go to the best drama school you can get into, you actually have about as high a chance of actually being able to make acting your livelihood, of becoming a successful enough actor that it can be your career, than exists about anywhere in the world, most especially the US, which offer chances of success that are slim to none and completely random with little correlation between ability and success as extremely able actors most often do not find success, success being more based on who you happened to know or run into.

pursue acting cuz you love it and not for fame

The living reality is there are many more working actors than the big name stars.

Pursue acting, live the dream and enjoy what that adds to your life.

You probably won't make lots of money or gain fame but you life will be richer for the experience.

Source(s): My life as a working actor.