Old sony handycam video 8 not playing or recording tapes.?

Okay so my Sony Handycam Video 8 model CCD-F455E was in storage until about 1 and a half years ago when I needed it again however, whenever I insert a tape into it makes some strange noises and then has a arrow symbol (or eject like symbol) in the view finder along with beeping. I have tried many different tapes of... show more Okay so my Sony Handycam Video 8 model CCD-F455E was in storage until about 1 and a half years ago when I needed it again however, whenever I insert a tape into it makes some strange noises and then has a arrow symbol (or eject like symbol) in the view finder along with beeping. I have tried many different tapes of mine some of which recorded on this very camcorder but still no luck. I thought maybe leaving it for a while would sort it out but after leaving it in my bedroom for about a year inside its bag, it still did the same thing again. I looked at the manual and it seems to think that moisture is in the unit but like I said I have left it for a year now with no tape inserted with no improvement. The manual said to remove the tape and leave the camcorder for at least an hour but I have left it for well over an hour now!! Not sure what to do so any help is very appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Chris :)
2 answers 2